Board minutes June 24, 2019

PROCEEDINGS OF REGULAR MEETING JUNE 24, 2019
A regular meeting of the Birnamwood Village Board was held on Monday evening, June 24, 2019
at the Matsche Center.
All members were present.
Also present: Jody Dombrowski, Ed Resch, Chris Jensen, Diane Haas, Tom Gatz & Rueben Eckardt
President Sprague called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. 
Rueben Eckardt inquired if the meeting has been posted properly, was informed by President Sprague that
our attorney has informed us that it is not necessary to ask and verify at each meeting. Rueben then inquired
about handicap accessibility to the ball park and Cady Home, President Sprague stated that at the time of road
work we were not required to install ramps, if we have repairs in the future, we will then ensure we are in 
compliance with ADA. 
Tom Gatz wanted to know the exact amount he will be billed for the assessor, $431.82 per lot. 
Diane Haas asked if the section of alley near her will be discontinued or not as she needs to complete some
plantings, we are still waiting on the school, if they create parking then we will discontinue that portion.
Rueben Eckardt asked what the speed limit is in the alley, Chris Jensen stated that all unmarked roads and
alley ways are 25 mph in the Village of not otherwise posted. 
Minutes were read and approved.  
Bills were presented.
Schmidt/Behm m/s/c to approve bills as presented. Roll call vote – all yes. 
Posts still need to be pushed into the ground once the weather permits, waiting for Mark to finish landscaping
around the grandstand, will review if the water shut off needs to be lowered once the work is completed. 
Trustee Schmidt reported that no bids for installing the new merry-go-rounds have been received. He will contact
companies again. Trustee Ecker inquired if the old merry-go-round has been repaired, Chris Jensen stated that 
this is a full day project and will be completed as time permits. 
Cell phone tower should be completed by late summer, inquiries have been made in regard to permits needed. 
Waiting on Kurt Rucker for culvert repairs.
Looking for a bids for Matthew Dr. blacktopping. Will then need to decide if we have money in budget to proceed. 
No word from Adam Resch in regard to variance. 
President Sprague contacted our lawyer to see if there is something we can do about dogs and 4 wheelers in sub-
division. Waiting for a response. 
A letter has been sent to resident on High St. about barking dogs and garbage. Advanced Disposal was also 
notified. Things seem to be better. 
Notice has been resubmitted for blacktopping bids. 
Trustee Diers mentioned the issue of the needle found in the park bathroom and suggested we install a needle
disposal box. He will look into how the ambulance service disposes of the needles once the box is filled. 
President Sprague talked about the possibility of a security camera for the dumpster area to deter people from 
dumping things other than yard waste.
Tom Gatz mentioned that the storm drain area near the SW corner of the school property has sunk and needs
repair.
Trustee Schmidt mentioned a time limit on public comments. President Sprague said we had one. Trustee 
Schmidt thought we should consider enforcing it when people go on at length.
Rueben Eckardt said there is an illegal parking spot marked too close to a fire hydrant near Resch Ins. Chris 
Jensen said he is aware and that it was an error by the summer help and will be removed. He also mentioned
that they will not be marking/painting any parking spaces in front of the school, on the school side of the road,
hoping this stops people from parking on that side which is reserved for buses. 
Ecker/C. Resch m/s/c to adjourn at 8:20 p.m. 
Respectfully submitted by Jody Dombrowski in clerks absence. 
Advertisements